Pedestrian & Car Accident Lawyer
Pedestrians are everywhere. From metropolitan hubs to rural streets, pedestrians and pedestrian accidents span across Ontario. When you are crossing a street, whether at an intersection or in the middle of road, vehicles not keeping a proper lookout can put you in danger.
Pedestrians often experience serious injuries, as they have no protection when a vehicle knocks them down. Tragically, children are often victims of these types of accidents, usually while playing with their friends or chasing a ball into the street.
If you or a loved one is injured by a vehicle that failed to keep a proper lookout, call us at Diamond & Diamond™ for a free consultation.
STEPS TO TAKE IF YOU ARE INJURED AS A PEDESTRIAN:
- Stop and assess the situation
- Call 911
- If you are physically able to, get as much information from everyone at the accident scene especially any witnesses. Write down the tag numbers of the vehicles involved in the accident
- Take pictures of the damage to your vehicle and any other vehicle involved in the accident
- Only speak to the police officer
- Review the police report and make sure all of the information is accurate
- Call Diamond & Diamond™ immediately at 1-800-567-HURT™(4878)
FAQ Main causes of pedestrian accidents
What are the main causes of pedestrian accidents?
Pedestrians are often struck in pedestrian accidents due to common driving mistakes such as distracted driving and speeding, or environmental conditions such as poor weather and road hazards.
Where do most pedestrian accidents occur?
The vast majority of pedestrian accidents occur in urban areas.
How do I make a claim after a pedestrian accident?
Collect any relevant details about the incident or costs which resulted from the incident, such as information about the other party and the vehicle, police reports, medical expenses and documentation, and any other documents. Contact a personal injury attorney who can help you proceed with your filing.