Toronto Truck Accident Lawyer
Toronto Truck Accident Lawyer | Diamond & Diamond
Reports indicate that nearly 2,000 people die each year in Canada as a result of accidents on roadways with heavy trucks, and another 10,000 are seriously injured. Because of their weight, size, and the speed at which they travel, it’s not uncommon for such accidents to have devastating results. When it comes to facing the outcome of a Toronto truck accident, you shouldn’t do it on your own. With the help of our truck accident lawyer, we can provide you with help putting the pieces of your life back together after such a significant accident.
Truck Accident Causes and Injuries in Toronto
A Toronto truck accident can occur for many reasons. While truck drivers have very specific rules to follow behind the wheel that limit how many hours they can drive, that doesn’t mean distraction doesn’t occur. Consider a few common reasons why truck accidents happen.
- Driver Fatigue: Even driving within restrictions, drivers can become tired. Overworked drivers or those that don’t get enough time off are at the highest risk for causing truck accidents.
- Drug and Alcohol Use: Though most drivers don’t engage in substance use, some do. That becomes a key factor in trucking accidents.
- Poor Training: Mistakes behind the wheel can have devastating consequences. A lack of training for severe weather or dangerous conditions can amplify this concern.
- Speeding: Drivers trying to reach destinations by very strict deadlines may be more likely to speed. Increased speed increases the risk of accidents as well as more damaging accidents.
- Distraction: Like any other driver, truck drivers are at a high risk of causing an accident if they are distracted. This may be due to using a cell phone or otherwise not focusing on the road in front of them.
Trucking accidents can also occur due to non-driver fault. Poor road conditions or other driver mistakes can cause them as well. Toronto truck accidents can also be a factor within the city itself, not just on highways. The crowded and narrower streets in the city can make it hard for moderately sized trucks to navigate safely.
Truck Accident Lawyers for Personal Injury Claims
A personal injury lawyer is one of the most important people to call if you’ve been in an accident with a truck driver. Even if you feel that the insurance company is working with you, there’s often more to the process that may not realize. Hiring truck accident lawyers ensure your rights are protected.
Personal injury claims are common with trucking accidents. Because of the weight of these trucks, they can cause severe damage to any type of passenger vehicle. They can also create life-threatening or fatal damage to pedestrians, bicyclists, and motorcyclists. Because of the extensiveness of these types of accidents, many people need a personal injury attorney to ensure their claim is complete. Compensation may be owed for:
- Medical bills including emergency and ongoing care
- Chronic pain and loss of function
- Loss of property
- Lost time at work
- Loss of life
- Pain and suffering
Having a truck accident lawyer by your side is critical. With their help, you can ensure you get the compensation owed to you.
Lawyer Representations for Toronto Truck Accident Victims
Accident victims benefit from truck accident lawyer representation in many ways. They can help you with:
- Gathering evidence to support your claims
- Working with expert witnesses
- Gathering medical records and documentation to prove your losses
- Aiding in filing claims and managing insurance companies
- Handling court causes if you have to go to court for your losses
Lawyer representation gives you the confidence you need as you go up against powerful insurance companies working with the trucking company. Don’t face them on your own.
“Looking for a truck accident lawyer? Find out if you may be eligible for compensation today!”
Why Choose Diamond & Diamond Lawyers for Your Truck Accident Case?
Diamond & Diamond Lawyers can provide you with exceptional support and service throughout this process. There’s simply no way you can know what your losses are going to be in three, four, or even six months from now. That’s why you need an attorney who will help support you as you work through insurance companies. Remember, their goal is to push through the case quickly and to settle for the least amount possible.
When you work with our team, we’re aggressive at protecting your rights in filing a claim that’s accurate and detailed. Our decades of experience and successful cases give you the confidence you need, whether you are trying to settle your claim out of court or through a lawsuit.
Schedule a FREE consultation to discuss your truck accident case now.
Book Free Consultation
25 Years of Experience and Over 200 Successful Cases
“An experienced lawyer can help you to decide the best steps to move forward in your case after a truck accident injury.”
Truck Accident Lawyer FAQ
We encourage you to ask all of your questions to our team during your FREE consultation. We’re happy to help you with specific needs. Here are a few common questions we’ve received.
What Can I Do to Protect My Rights After a Truck Accident?
Work with a truck accident lawyer from our firm to protect your rights. Don’t make statements of guilt to anyone, including to your insurance company. You also should be aggressive in working with a personal injury lawyer, no matter if you are filing a claim with your own insurance company or with the trucking company’s insurer.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Truck Wreck?
After a truck accident, it’s best to start the claims process as soon as possible – however, you have a full year to file a claim in most cases. The key here is to file a claim once you are confident you know what all of your losses are, including any long-term care needs you have. When you work with our team, we’ll never encourage you to file fast, but rather to file once we understand the true extent of your losses.